Sunday 3 June 2012

Impromptu

I did something I've never done before this evening. I dictated a poem in to my phone. This was mostly so the nearly-ex didn't expand on the Arctic atmosphere that had been around for a few hours. But the first three lines appeared and I had to record them without it looking like I was sending messages to all and sundry.

The remaining three pairs of lines came as I spoke. I've transcribed what I wrote as I spoke it. I'm glad I did this, within five minutes of having the thought I couldn't remember the first lines. Poetry is of the moment. As a wave on the sea, transient, you either see it... Or you don't.
This empty life
No joy
No end 
Seeking respite
Seeking amends 
Wanting hope
Finding dark 
As I watch the people
Dance in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment